Renovation to brickwork to Grade 2 Listed English Heritage building.
Warehouse and occasional coach house. Dated 1875 with the initials J C in classical
style. Built of red brick in Flemish bond with yellow brick dressings. Comprises a
central section and 2 projecting wings. Central part has pediment with modillion
cornice, oculus and paired brick pilasters. Central round-headed arch almost to
full height, with dated keystone and double wooden doors. To each side are
projecting 2-storey sections of smaller scale with open pediments and paired
pilasters wooden hoists and cambered loading doors to first floors. Left side wing
retains cambered opening, right side wing has a C20 door inserted. Interior has a
scientific queen post roof. Built as a warehouse for a firm of wine importers from
Spanish vineyards on occasions it was used as a coach house for housing the royal
coach when Queen Victoria was staying at the Royal Squadron Hotel. Later it was
used as a factory for making lemonade and other minerals.